Terms to know in Real Estate Investing
We are not lawyers, we are real estate investors!
This is an exhaustive glossary for USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
Deeds of Trusts and Mortgages, Title Companies and Lawyer Closings, lots to know. We place great terms here.
The provinces have different terms and procedures from each other. We do our best to list terms to know in canada.
The states, especially in Lease Options, have unique differences.
The North Island and the South Island have close similarities, but Lease Options are brand new, and Wraps are not favored by the banks.
- The Open Grounds
- A Measurement of the Rate of Earnings from an investment
- ex) A Loan is arrangenged to provide a 15% yield to the lender.
Yield to Maturity
- the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of an investment
- considers all the inflows and outflows of the investment returns and their timing
- ex) An Income Producing Property requires a $10,000 investment
- It promises a $1000 annual rate of returnfor 5 years
- then resale proceeds of $15,000
- The Yield to Maturity (YTM) is 17.1%
- See Internal Rate Of Return (IRR) for Formulas